Center for Development and Disabilities
The Center will focus on academic research studies and their implications for individuals with special needs. Project-based research studies and pedagogical activities on the following issues will be among the responsibilities of the Center.
For the individuals with special needs, the Center will provide:
- in-service and trainer training
- organizing educational interventions for children with autism
- family and society awareness
- integrating elementary and secondary subject teaching areas (math, science, language and computer technologies) with special education
- designing research studies and projects on material development and applications
- developing and sharing alternating or alternative assessment models
The center will be in touch and cooperation with the similar Centers located in US universities. Establishment of the center is currently in progress.